Together we can end child hunger
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending child hunger. Recognised as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with sustainable access to safe water and long-term solution to hunger.
With 30 years expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronicle food insecurity, Action Against Hunger runs life saving programmes in over 40 countries. Every year our aid workers help some seven million people, restoring self sufficiency and independence to vulnerable populations throughout the world.
Our vision, which you are helping us to achieve, is a world where all children and adults have sufficient food and water, equitable access to the resources which sustain life and are able to achieve these with dignity.
To combat hunger, we work in four key areas:
1) Nutrition and Health
Every year, 3.5 million mothers and children die from malnutrition-related cases.
- Our nutritionists save the lives of malnourished children through emergency interventions and the longer term prevention of malnutrition.
- Building feeding programs and distributing ready to use theraputic foods within communities.
2) Food Security
Addressing malnutrition is much more than food distribution
- Combining emergency relief with programs to help develop dependable sources of income.
- Helping people regain long-term self-sufficiency by providing seeds, tools, training and income-generating activites.
- Predicting shortages and mitigating the impact of food crises.
3) Water and Sanitation
One billion peoplel dont have access to clean drinking water.
- Ensuring comminites have access to safe drinking water (by tapping springs, drilling wells and installing water systems).
- Teaching the importance of water and sanitation in preventing disease.
4) Advocacy and Raising Awareness
Hunger is an outrageous scandal because solutions do exist.
- Based on our work with local communities and our technical knowledge we guarantee evidence on the problem and solutions to hunger to influence effective change in policy and practice.
To find out more about Action Against Hunger please contact a member of our team directly or find us: